Anyway, I've had a wonderful summer and been on many adventures!
Starting with my trip to Moab with some kids from my ward before I left Utah:
We went to a place called Canyonlands. It's close to Arches and probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Definitely not for its green beauty... We camped for a few nights and hiked everyday. One of the days we spent 6 hours hiking about 11 miles. I loved it!!!!
(Ignore the guy with his shirt off....)
I'm not sure who knows, but I'm working at New York Life again with my dad. I'm not exactly sure how he handles the commute everyday of the year, because I cannot stand it!!! Luckily I only have 5 more weeks left of my internship.
So... I have a cute boyfriend.
It's kind of a funny story. We were set up on a blind date right before I left Utah. Neither of us wanted to date anyone seriously but just being more social than we had in the past (aka being single). I asked him what his plans were for the
summer and he said that he was going to install security systems in Philly for the summer. I thought he was lying since that's were I'm from...
So we decided to be friends. Turns our we both think that we're the funniest and coolest people ever. I just laugh and laugh all the time. I'm always happy and have so much fun with him. I love it. Anyway... this is Chandler and I in Central Park .Like I said... He's installing security systems in Philly. He works every day but Sunday, so sometimes I'll go help him on Saturdays. We're kind of lame, but it's fun and the best we can do until we go back to Utah in the fall.
This is on our way to a job. He's really not as gangster as he looks. But he pulls it off once in awhile. Hah.
This past weekend I also drove up to Palmyra, NY with a couple of people I've met here that go to BYU. We stayed at a college for a two nights while we went to the historic church sites.
The Hill Cumorah where the pageant was held:
The pageant was amazing!!! I would recommend that everyone go there sometime! They said that there were about 700 cast members who give up 3 weeks to be in the pageant. They arrive for a week of rehearsal and then have seven shows. Amazing amazing amazing!!!
The fireplace where Joseph Smith Jr. hid the golden plates under these very bricks to keep them safe from the mobs!!!
The Sister missionary said that just after Joseph was inspired to re-hide the plates, the Smith family found out that mobs were coming; all of the children took out their pots and pans and banged on them as loud as they could. Apparently the mobs thought that it was an army coming and turned around to return to town.
Wow... I have so many more pictures. So I'll put a few more up and that's it.
The Moroni Monument at the top of the Hill.Okie doke... This has taken kind of a long time. And probably taken you a long time to read. I'm headed to Florida for a week or two when my internship is done, so I promise I'll put more pics up.
Dani
4 comments:
Hey Dani, great post! Looks like you are enjoying your summer despite being ready to go back. Provo really is a fun place to be during college. I still miss it sometimes. Take care--We love you!
-J
I am anxious to hear how the rest of your summer went and how things are going back at school!! I am sure Allison is glad you have you back! :)
i'd like to take credit for setting you two up on that blind date! and now chandler is your HUSBAND! :)
Wow. I just realized you had a blog now, after looking at your comment on mine, and it's so interesting how much has happened in just the past year! I'm so happy for you, and I hope you're having a wonderful summer!
Post a Comment